Sunday, September 21, 2008

It's the foot rub, stupid

I've had a great writing weekend despite heightened workplace stress and the collapsing economy. Last night was me at the cabin, sipping wine, listening to jazz on the XM, and sailing past page 200 in my novel draft(the Louisiana book). The end of the book revealed itself to me, and I'm both frightened and thrilled by its complexity. Hope i can live up to it. I also wrote a seduction scene that culminates in a post-coital foot rub, included as evidence of my main character's genius with women, an instinct that has been dormant all his life because he's humiliated by his weight. I think the foot rub has been sadly underutilized in mainstream erotic writing.

There's really no sex in my other novel (the West Virginia book), which is complete but without representation. Probably not smart of me but I wanted to avoid rom com cliches, and write about a mature woman who could have adventures without leaning on a romantic partner. Instead of lovers she has friends who find her independence frustrating, and of course they are always trying to get in her shit.

3 comments:

Scott Garson said...

just learned about X Tube through a story that ran on Wigleaf. I'll put 'foot' in as a keyword and report back to you if you like....

Laura Ellen Scott said...

i love literature--let's you know what's out there.

Laura Ellen Scott said...

in fact, that would be a great theme for an anthology: "Tell me something I don't know, and not just in a 'dark-mysteries-of-the-human-heart' kinda way, either"