Friday, October 31, 2008

Pinball! Let's Play!


Getting interviewed about pinball today, because we own an Earthshaker! machine, and because the Department has hit bottom in its search for interestingness. I blame the election for this desperate effort.

machines I want but can’t have for space & financial reasons:
Cactus Jack (Tex-Mex cantina theme German Cacti exhorting you to throw fruit)
Bad Cats (lady hits cats with broom)
Whodunnit (actually attempts a narrative)
Wipe out (ski theme with surf music)
Funhouse (played this at a noisy festival in Houston, but we’re sure that Rudy [the heckling head] called me a bitch and dean a fucko)
Orbitor (fun with magnets)
World Cup Soccer 1994 (awesome and I don’t suck at it)
Cirqus Voltaire (give you strange feelings)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock bottom? You were top of the list for this new part of the newsletter! Tara said that you all had a great time talking and she thinks it will be a fun feature. Can't wait to read it myself!

Jason Frostick said...

Just finished reading this interview about five minutes ago. I didn't know your pinball machine was famous! I should have asked for it's autograph when I was losing terribly those long months ago. Also, hi!