Saturday, April 10, 2010

Landscape

April feels weird and echo-y so far. Everyone's gone off to AWP and blog and FB traffic is sluggish. To fill the void I'm reading subs for Prick of the Spindle, which is fascinating. Most of the stories are long ones from writers I've not read before, so I have this sense of returning a familiar territory inhabited by interesting strangers. Like Las Vegas.

No writing coming out of me, lately. But I'm thinking. I'm pretty distracted by the projects I have already finished, hoping to hear about them soon.

Last night I dreamed that I got a form letter rejection and three sets of handwritten editor comments from Bunion Press (which I don't think is real). The comments were illegible except for exclamation points and the words "so sorry." I also received two clown type blouses from Web Del Sol.

3 comments:

Steve said...

I dreamed about submissions last night, too. Two different bigshot agents left voicemails asking to represent my novel in the same afternoon, and I had to choose between them. I'm glad my real life avoids such complications!

And I share your distraction from waiting on current projects - I'm trying to start a new novel, but it's not going anywhere yet.

Ethel Rohan said...

Congrats again on PotS. I hope your responses come soon and are cause for celebration.

Teaberry said...

At least the rejections didn't come in the form of actual clowns in blouses, like... hovering over your bed as you slept, right?