Friday, September 16, 2011

Obligatory Box O' Books Pic

So the publisher made sure I got my books asap, and they are gorgeous. No French flap or author photo but I figured that wouldn't happen in this economy, and given that the book was rushed into production to meet the Fall for the Book and Pages and Places deadlines. It's been a great 15 hours so far, with eggplant ravioli, sazeracs, mst3k, and a 4 star rating snuck in by a book blogger on goodreads (she gave the same rating to Little Women). Oh, and somehow I still managed to lose a pound and a half this week, bringing my summer loss to 24 pounds. That's two thirds of a couch beagle, folks. The guitar, drum, and hydrodome belong to Dean. We're keeping the books in his office to avoid shredding (cats) or soiling (boy dog). If you saw my book pics on FB, the Guatemalan skull is mine.

2 comments:

Carol Steel said...

Congratulations! How exciting...

Jason Jordan said...

Nice--the books and the weight loss. French flaps suck anyway, as do trimmed pages.